Q: Car stalls

When I first start my car it will rev pretty high or it sounds like it is and it slowly goes into a stall. It only stalls so far when it's idling. The engine light was on and It was from my gas cap being bad. If I rev the engine it won't stall or if I put it in drive and just go. Also it just started getting cold where I live but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this problem.

A: This may be related to a dirty or failing i...

This may be related to a dirty or failing idle air control valve. This is a unit that reads the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is not working properly, this may cause the improper amount of air and fuel to be supplied to the motor causing idle problems or problems with acceleration due to over fueling or under fueling of the motor. I would recommend having a professional come to your location to diagnose your vehicle's stalling issues.