Q: Car stalls and stops while driving

My car was stalling during acceleration. The check engine light came on and when I got it read a p0101 came up which had something to do with my mass air flow sensor. When I got the sensor replaced it did the same thing and the car stopped while driving and at red lights and stop signs. But the engine still starts what my be the problem?

If the same fault code returned after the mass air flow sensor replacement, then the fault lies elsewhere. There can be a wiring problem between the electronic control module and the air flow sensor. If a wire is broken or shorted, the signal between the mass air flow sensor and engine control module. Also, there can be an air flow issue caused by a vacuum leak or air intake leak. If the air intake boot is cracked, broken, or loose, the sir flow signal can be out of range. Also, if there is a vacuum leak from the intake manifold or manifold gasket for example, this can create a faulty air flow signal reading. Too much air will effect the air/fuel mixture and can cause a rough running or stalling.

Have a certified technician look into the stalling condition to isolate the exact cause.