Q: Car stalls after driving - 1985 Chevrolet C30

My van has a 4 barrel carburetor and a 350 motor. It starts up really great and then after I drive it around the block it stalls. I have to wait hours before I can start it up again and then it does the same thing. Do you have any idea what’s wrong?

First task is to determine if it is ignition or fuel related. Check for spark when it dies. If you have spark, then starter fluid allows the engine to fire, then quickly die. If starter fluid gives you a brief start, then start checking fuel supply: fuel pump, fuel filter, and the needle valve in the carb float bowl. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your fuel pump, fuel filter, and ignition.

3. Car stalls after driving - 1985 Chevrolet C30