Q: Car stalling while stopped and idling.

My car started feeling like it wanted to stall when at a stop light in traffic. It has also died at a stop light and when idling waiting to park. The dash has given me now warning lights to indicate any sign of trouble.

A: The engine wanting to stall or stalling can...

The engine wanting to stall or stalling can be due to a shorting ignition coil. The ignition coils, plugs or plug boots may need to be replaced. I would recommend to have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, take a look at it. The engine should also be checked for any vacuum leaks that may cause a running problem also. The diagnosis should identify the cause of the stalling if the problem can be duplicated during the diagnostics.