Q: Car stalling while stopped and idling.

My car started feeling like it wanted to stall when at a stop light in traffic. It has also died at a stop light and when idling waiting to park. The dash has given me now warning lights to indicate any sign of trouble.

The engine wanting to stall or stalling can be due to a shorting ignition coil. The ignition coils, plugs or plug boots may need to be replaced. I would recommend to have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, take a look at it. The engine should also be checked for any vacuum leaks that may cause a running problem also. The diagnosis should identify the cause of the stalling if the problem can be duplicated during the diagnostics.