Q: Car stalling shortly after starting.

My car is stalling out shortly after I start it. This only happens sometimes.

3. Car stalling shortly after starting.

Q: Can bad coils fry that computer the PCM

OBD-II PCMs have circuit protection to take account of the possibility of shorted actuators (fuel injectors, coil drivers) and other electrical overloads. Statistically, the PCM is probably the most reliable component on the entire vehicle. If the cause of the...

Q: Anti-theft system kicks in when starting and says car might not restart

Hi there. If the anti-theft system is acting up when the vehicle is started then it thinks that it is being stolen. If the correct key is being used and if you have a spare key to try that is...

Q: Where do I find the map sensor on my 2006 Cadillac SRX.

Hello, thank you for writing in. On your particular vehicle, the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor is located on the firewall. This is why they refer to it as a "firewall mounted MAP sensor". The firewall is the wall between...