Q: Car stalling during driving but not when going in reverse

While I drive, my car is stalling constantly. It doesn't bog down when I go to reverse though. During driving, it runs as if the brakes are applied, like the emergency brake is on. What should I check first?

The most common causes of the car stalling like this are:

• fuel pump failure
  • mass airflow (MAF) sensor failure
  • spark plugs failure
  • various mechanical failures such as dragging brakes or electrical sensor issues

Diagnosis of the vehicle will need to be performed to give a more complete answer as it could be a mechanical failure that is actually dragging, or a lack of power due to an electrical system. Qualified technicians like the ones at YourMechanic will have little trouble performing a diagnostic of the stalling issue and any repairs required.