Q: Car stalling

Hello, I have a 06 kia optima. My car has been stalling after getting gas. I have to wait at least 5-7 mins before It starts again. What could be the problem?

A: Hi there: In most cases, when you have dif...

Hi there:

In most cases, when you have difficulty putting gasoline into the tank or issues starting the vehicle right after a fill up, it’s caused by a problem with one of the EVAP system components. This system is designed to filter harmful gas vapors that collect inside the fuel tank and release pressure inside the tank for efficient flow of fuel. When the EVAP vent solenoid is faulty or the canister is damaged, it can cause staring issues as you’ve described. The best way to know for certain is to have a professional mechanic complete an engine is hard to start inspection so they can pinpoint the precise source of this issue and recommend the right repairs.