Q: Car stalling and then accelerating while driving

My car has begun stalling while I am driving. I was told to make certain that my transmission, power steering, and coolant fluids were all at their appropriate levels. I did this and the vehicle ran fine for several weeks. Soon though, it started stalling again, stalling about five times in one mile. It also tried to accelerate without my foot on the gas pedal. I've also had issues with my turn signals. My left turn signal is blinking really fast, which I was told indicates that a bulb is out.

A: Many issues can cause a stalling concern wh...

Many issues can cause a stalling concern while driving. Ensuring that all of your fluids are at the right fluid level is very important. An inspection should be carried out to make sure that there aren’t any fluids leaking from the motor. Also a diagnostic should be performed to make sure all of the systems are operating within spec. Mechanical issues with the motor or transmission can cause similar stalling issues. As far as the blinker goes, when one of the blinker bulbs goes out the blinker left on will blink faster, this it’s a good indicator that a bulb has burned out. The accelerator pedal sticking is an extremely dangerous issue to drive with. This can be caused by the accelerator cable sticking, the throttle plate may be hanging up in the throttle body or it could be as simple as a floor mat sticking in the pedal. I would definitely not drive your car in its condition. I would recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your car’s stalling issue, and all of your car’s other troubles, in order to have your car fully repaired.