Q: Car stalled, won't start up - 2000 Chrysler Neon

When I was driving to work this morning my car stalled at a red light. Thank goodness I wasn't on the freeway. But it wouldn’t start up again. Everything else was working though. All of my lights, radio, dashboard, etc were all working. I had it towed home. Do you have any idea what went wrong?

A: A stall with no restart can often be traced...

A stall with no restart can often be traced back to a failed engine speed sensor or position sensor. The engine computer relies on this information as it communicates where the engine is in its rotation and the computer uses this to determine when to send a spark. If the information is not reliable, the computer can disable spark as an engine safety measure. Other problems related to a stall are a clogged fuel filter, weak fuel pump or weak ignition system. If you need help having this service done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the stalling issue and have this corrected properly.