Q: Car stalled, cannot be started after that. 1997 Geo Metro

Several days ago, I was driving the car and while going uphill, it stalled out. I've noticed that the fuel level was low so I filled it up. Then, it wouldn't start again so I had to get it towed. I thought that the fuel pump might be causing this because I had its hose disconnected and there was no fuel going out of it. So, I had it replaced but to no avail. I had a friend help me connect a bypass wire to the fuel pump. This didn't help either. What could be the problem?

Can you hear the fuel pump running when starting the vehicle - when the key is in the ignition "On" position, but before turning the key to "Start"? If not, check for power to the fuel pump, starting with the fuse, then the fuel pump relay, then wiring from the relay to the pump. Also, check for a good ground connection at the fuel pump. If you have electrical power to the pump itself, and a good ground at the fuel pump itself, the fuel pump should be heard running. If not, the pump is is bad. A professional from YourMechanic can diagnose this stalling problem and replace failed parts.

3. Car stalled, cannot be started after that. 1997 Geo Metro