Q: Car stalled and then got hot

My car stopped on the highway and made a bit if a clanking noise and stopped. After a few minutes, it restarted, but the temp was very high.

A: High temperature is an indication of overhe...

High temperature is an indication of overheating. The cooling system needs to be checked first to ensure there are no leaks and that coolant is circulating. Please note that the cooling system should never be opened or checked with the engine hot or when the system is pressurized or serious injury can occur.

If the coolant level is low the system will need to be pressure checked to ensure system integrity. Fan activation needs to be checked along with coolant circulation. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who has the necessary tools and training to diagnose and repair an engine overheating.