Q: Car stalled and does not start.

My car has stalled and will not start.

There are several factors that may come into play when a car stalls and does not start. Unfortunately without more information, it is difficult to properly diagnose your Hyundai Accent with what is provided. Some common issues include having a failed alternator. If your Accent’s alternator stops charging, the car will run off battery power only, eventually running out of power and causing it to stall. A quick way to see if this may be the case is to turn on your head lights. If they are dim or off, this is likely the cause. Other common issues we encounter are fuel related problems. Even though the gas gauge shows the car has gas, it is possible the gauge itself has failed and you could simply be out of gas. If you have a friend that can help you, have one of you remove the gas cap and listen closely while the other one turns the key to the on position. If you hear the fuel pump turn on, try adding a gallon of gas and see if it starts. If you don’t hear anything, it’s possible the fuel pump is failing and not doing its job. A worst case, but common, scenario would be a broken timing belt. The timing belt keeps the crank shaft and camshafts turning together in harmony, allowing the engine to run smoothly.

Besides these common problems, there are many more components that could duplicate your Accent not starting. It is best to have a certified mechanic look over your vehicle so they can give you an accurate diagnosis of your stalling problem.

3. Car stalled and does not start.