Q: Car stalled after going through flood waters

I went through some flood waters and the vehicle stalled. Now, it won't start. When it was being pushed, the steering wheel was hard to turn. The brakes would also barely go down, though they still work.

A: Going through a large body of water can cau...

Going through a large body of water can cause a number of issues. If the engine is not cranking over then it may have drawn in water and is now locked. If the engine is cranking over then it may have gotten water in some of the electrical connections which will keep it from running. If the engine is not cranking then a mechanic would typically remove the spark plugs and try cranking the engine to see if it will crank and to see if water comes out. If it does then in some cases the engine will run after reinstalling the spark plugs. If the engine is cranking then I would typically install a computer scan tool to check the computer sensor readings to see what is lost. Have a certified mechanic inspect your stalling issue to have this issue resolved.