Q: Car sputters like its out of gas but isnt.

as i was driving my daily route i shift my car into 4th and complte motor loss happened but wanted to come back like it was out of gas. i downshifted to 3rd and the motor came back hit high rpms and started to backfire. later on in the day the car doesnt wabt to drive at all but still starts up

Unfortunately without additional detail as to the make and model of your car, this cannot be diagnosed. Feel free to resubmit a new question with these details. Alternatively, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to take the car for a test drive and properly diagnose the sputtering your car is experiencing firsthand.

3. Car sputters like its out of gas but isnt.