Q: Car sputters and shakes when I accelerate

Car sputters and shakes upon acceleration, check engine light is solid, but on all the time whend the car is running, replaced spark plugs and wires, and fuel pump, that did not help, it continues to sputter upon acceleration, I'm thinking it cold be a o2 sensor or carbon build up in the egr valve, please help.

Hi There, As you know, this may be caused by a variety of things, one of which you already suspect which is an Oxygen sensor. As you may know the oxygen sensors which are part of your emissions system read exhaust gases to determine whether or not the appropriate amount of oxygen is present in the exhaust. Based upon this reading, this information is relayed to the car’s ECU which then makes a determination as to whether or not to add more or less fuel to the engine. When too much or too little oxygen is present, this will cause check engine light to come on. Too much oxygen may be present in the exhaust gas due to things like an exhaust leak, a vacuum leak, a faulty mass air flow sensor (causing a lean fuel condition) or faulty fuel injectors. Too little oxygen may be present in the exhaust gas may be caused by things like a clogged air filter, a failing mass air flow sensor (causing too much fuel to be introduced to the motor), bad fuel injectors or a clogged catalytic converter. When the O2 sensor is not working properly, this will cause false readings to be relayed to the computer causing inaccurate adjustments to be made to the intake and fuel system in your engine.