Q: Car sputtered and all spark plugs failed

My car started sputtering when all six of the spark plugs equally failed. The fuel pressure is correct and I changed the spark plugs. However the car still does the same thing. For four months I have been charging the battery, hoping I can find some solutions for it. Can you make any suggestions as to what will fix my car?

Hi there, thank you for asking about your 1983 Nissan 280ZX. First, let’s go back to the basics: do you have a good spark while trying to start it? If not, check the coil, ignition module, and rotor/cap on the distributor. If you have a good spark and correct fuel pressure, check if the injectors are actually firing (i.e. spraying fuel). This is assuming there is evidence of good compression - the starter has to work to turn it over. These checks should guide you to a failing component. A professional mechanic from YourMechanic can check why your car’s engine is sputtering and replace the ignition coil and distributor rotor/cap for you at your home or office.

3. Car sputtered and all spark plugs failed