Q: Car spewing steam and stalling.

My car is making a hissing sound, the coolant hose spews steam, and the car dies when you accelerate.

The first thing you will want to address is the leaking coolant hose. Once the hose is replaced, the system should be pressure tested in order to make sure there are no additional leaks. A hissing sound with car dying on acceleration sounds like you may have a huge vacuum leak. The rubber intake boots and vacuum lines should be checked to ensure no cracks or disconnections. You may need to have the intake system smoke checked for system integrity. Enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who will have the training and equipment to correct both the cooling system issue and intake leak issue.