Q: Car sounding weird after engine fire

I had a small engine fire under my hood and had to have my car towed to my house. After this happened, when I initially started my car, the car made a loud noise in the engine accompanied by a knocking sound. The car starts and the sound goes away when I place it in drive, but I can smell fumes.

I wouldn’t recommend driving the vehicle until you have the car checked by a professional. Engine fires can be caused for many different reasons, and leave damage to several components of the car. With all of these issues, I would recommend having a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come out and inspect any damage that was left by the engine fire and diagnose the smell that is coming from your car.

3. Car sounding weird after engine fire