Q: Car sometimes doesn't start when the key is in the 'ON' position and when turned there is absolutely nothing happening.

2007 Pontiac g6...car doesn't start when key is turned absolutly nothing happens...

Hi there. There is an issue with the ignition switch and it needs to be replaced or the wiring to the ignition switch is damaged in the steering column. If you vehicle has a tilt steering column, change the tilt to the steering column and see if the ignition system will work and start the engine. If tilting the steering column makes a difference, then the wires in the steering column are bare and rubbing the ground causing the ignition to short out. Then you would need to take apart the steering column and repair or replace the wiring. If there is nothing wrong with the wiring and if there is no difference with trying to start the engine, then the ignition switch would need replaced. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Car sometimes doesn't start when the key is in the 'ON' position and when turned there is absolutely nothing happening.