Q: Car shuts off while driving

While driving car with randomly shut off, all lights and radio stay off, but motor shuts down, takes a few turns to get it to run again,will do it at any speed

Hi there. Thanks for contacting us in regards to your 1996 Honda Civic and the issue of the engine shutting off randomly. Typically, this issue is caused by a restriction in the fuel system or a faulty fuel system sensor. With 200,000 miles, my first inclination would be a dirty fuel filter or a vacuum leak that can be repaired rather easily by a certified mechanic.

I think your best option is to contact a local certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to have this checked for you. They can come to your car’s location and take your car on a test drive in order to diagnose the stalling problem and get your car repaired.