Q: Car shuts off when idling

My daughter's Rio has been shutting off suddenly while idling. Battery and alternator checked out fine. Spark plugs and ignition coil were just replaced. Additionally her radio has been cutting off as well.

This is a common problem in many cars and is often times related to what is called an idle air control module which regulates the air flow into the intake system- as it is mixed wit fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is not working correctly, an imbalance in the air/fuel mixture will cause the car to not run very well or at all at an idle speed. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair your idle air control valve.

3. Car shuts off when idling