Q: Car shuts off as soon as the starter stops

I have trouble starting the car. I had several repairs done but it didn't help. I had the ignition switch replaced. The starter is new as well. I checked the fuses and they are fine. The car would start but as soon as the starter is stopped, the car would shut off right away. What might be causing this?

Hello there, thanks for writing in about your 1997 Chevrolet El Camino. Although you already replaced your ignition switch, many different faults can cause a no start condition. Some of the more likely faults would include a fuel pump, battery, starter, battery cable, or fuel filter problem. Your best bet in this situation may be to have a professional inspect the starting trouble and guide you towards having the correct repairs done.

3. Car shuts off as soon as the starter stops