Q: Car shuts off after a few miles

I can drive the car only for a couple of miles because it shuts off. When it happens, I'm not able to start it up for a few hours. Then, when it eventually start up again, it shuts off yet again, after several miles of driving. The car has a mileage close to 150,000 miles. I had the battery replaced with a new one. The spark plugs are new as well. Do you have any idea what could be causing this?

Hello. The most common cause of this on your car is a bad crank position sensor. These fail all of the time on this car and will cause it to stall. I usually install a scan tool and check for codes. If there are not any codes, then I watch the sensor readings while driving the car. If the sensor stops reading right before the car stalls, then I know it is the sensor. If not, then it may be a fuel problem with the fuel system control. If you need help getting this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the stalling issue.