Q: Car shut down while driving

have a 98 Honda accord LX the first thing I noticed noticed was my power locks stopped working. I had to then had to then manually open doors as well as roll windows down.I then purchased a battery all of a sudden about a week in my car cuts of while I'm driving. All of the lights on dashboard begins flickering and every time I try to start it I hear it trying to start but it doesn't and the lights flicker again. A mechanic said it's timing belt knock sensor and co2 something along those lines. It sounds more electrical to me what are your thoughts

I think you’re right about it being an electrical problem. It sounds like you’re describing a charging system failure. I can’t reconcile why this would begin with the power door locks, except that many of these modules begin behaving oddly when the system voltage gets low. Buying a new battery put you back in business for a while, but with the charging system being down, you were only able to drive until you had drawn most of the power off of the battery. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your charging system and recommend a solution.

3. Car shut down while driving