Q: Car shook and quit running

My car was shaking and then white smoke poured out from underneath the hood. I opened it and the radiator looked fine, but the back of the hood and engine was breaking. I tried to drive the car a couple of feet to park it and it accelerated for a few seconds and then shut off after shaking heavily.

A: White smoke is generally an indication of r...

White smoke is generally an indication of rapid coolant boil off and loss. Now this may something as minor as a coolant leak from a blown hose or gasket. but it could be something as major as a cracked block or cylinder head. One thing to consider also was how hot was the engine when the shaking and stall occurred. If the engine temperature was excessive other damage may be possible internally in the engine. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the training and expertise to diagnose the smoke coming from your engine and recommend the best course of repair.