Q: car shimmering a little and goes slow until you pass 20,000 miles

Could this be needing new spark plugs tune up

A: Hello. Engine performance issues such as tr...

Hello. Engine performance issues such as trouble accelerating can be caused by a wide variety of issues. If the vehicle has not had a tune up in several thousand miles, it may be possible that a thorough tune up will solve the issue. Similar symptoms can be caused by faults with the fuel, ignition or engine management systems. If the Check Engine Light has come on, I would recommend having the trouble codes retrieved, as that may shed some light on what the issue may be. If there is no Check Engine Light, then I would have the relevant systems inspected to pinpoint the cause of the shimmering. Additionally, if it has been over 20k miles since the last tune up, I would also consider having a tune-up service done soon.

Recommended services
View price for services