Q: car shifts at 65000rpm

It shifts at 65000 right before it hits the redlines in all gears. It is also throwing a tps code but we have changed it and it's still reading. Also I I found out it's missing the entire EGR system

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 1991 Subaru Legacy. The EGR system regulates vacuum. Most transmissions operate on vacuum activity. If the amount of vacuum getting to the transmission is not correct, this could cause shifting problems much like you are describing. The fact that it is throwing a TPS code suggests also that the throttle position sensor is faulty, which could also cause the same delay in shift points as you are describing. To verify this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the shifting problem and assist with having this resolved.

3. car shifts at 65000rpm