Q: Car shakes when I drive.

My car shakes really bad especially when I go higher speeds. I'm not sure if it's the tires or what. I don't think it's the rotors because it don't do it when I brake.

A: Hello. If the car is shaking at high speeds...

Hello. If the car is shaking at high speeds it is usually due to a tire problem. Most of the time it is because there is a tread separation, or is may be a balance problem. A bent wheel will also cause this. I would start by having a tire shop check and balance the tires. If the problem persists then it could be a bad engine mount or CV axle.

I suggest getting this looked at right away, as high speed shaking is a safety concern. A certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect what's causing your vehicle to shake.