Q: Car sensor went bad

The air conditioning stopped working, and a diagnostic indicated the sensor had gone bad. Is the and only way to replace it by taking the dash apart?

A: There are a lot of sensors involved in your...

There are a lot of sensors involved in your AC system. The evaporator temp sensor is the the evaporator, next to the heater core, in the dash. There is a pinpoint test to determine what has gone wrong to set the code. Wiring, the sensor, or the PCM could be to blame. The dash has to come off to access this sensor. I recommend having a certified mechanic diagnose your AC system to determine what is causing the bad sensor.