Q: car sat for 14 days, key stuck in ignition won't turn over, new battery doesn't help

This car sat for a couple of weeks had flat tires, the battery drained and the key is stuck in the ignition. It won't turn over when I try to start the car. I replaced the battery. Dash lights, headlights and horn works but interior lights don't work. The key still won't come out of the ignition and it won't turn over. Is there a reset button for the battery? The car sat for 14 days. But the new battery isn't helping. Do you have any ideas?

A: Many different items can cause the vehicle ...

Many different items can cause the vehicle to not start. With the key stuck in the ignition it is possible there is a ignition switch or key cylinder fault. For the no start, the most common causes are the ignition switch, battery, starter, fuel pump or battery cable. I recommend having a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to inspect your no-start condition and make the correct repair.