Q: car sat for 14 days, key stuck in ignition won't turn over, new battery doesn't help

This car sat for a couple of weeks had flat tires, the battery drained and the key is stuck in the ignition. It won't turn over when I try to start the car. I replaced the battery. Dash lights, headlights and horn works but interior lights don't work. The key still won't come out of the ignition and it won't turn over. Is there a reset button for the battery? The car sat for 14 days. But the new battery isn't helping. Do you have any ideas?

Many different items can cause the vehicle to not start. With the key stuck in the ignition it is possible there is a ignition switch or key cylinder fault. For the no start, the most common causes are the ignition switch, battery, starter, fuel pump or battery cable. I recommend having a qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to inspect your no-start condition and make the correct repair.

3. car sat for 14 days, key stuck in ignition won't turn over, new battery doesn't help