Q: Car runs hotter than normal on express way

Car runs hotter during higher speeds then cools back down during lower speeds

A: Hello. If the car is running hot at higher ...

Hello. If the car is running hot at higher speeds, then that typically means it has a clogged radiator or a thermostat that is not fully opening. It can also be caused by a slightly leaking head gasket. I usually start by doing a block test just to eliminate the head gasket as a possibility. If it is fine, then I use a temperature gun to diagnose the other components in the cooling system. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the overheating problem and proceed with appropriate repairs.