Q: Car runs hot and leaks water

My car runs hot, and when I add water in the radiator, it runs out.

First, I would like you to make sure you are adding coolant to the radiator or a premixed water/coolant mixture because water is not the proper fluid by itself. If you are adding coolant and the level keeps dropping, the most common cause is a coolant leak. The leaks can be internal to the engine, but are most commonly external. Hoses and gaskets are the most common cause of a coolant leak. A qualified technician will be able to pinpoint and fix your coolant leak.

3. Car runs hot and leaks water