Q: Car runs fine, idles smoothly and is well maintained; but it shuts off while driving. Seems electrical?

While driving, it will just drop dead. I can shift to Neutral while rolling, and restart it while in motion.. but it does it again and again. Sometimes once a week, sometimes 5 times a day. It doesn't sputter or knock, just turns off. I still have power, and I have no trouble indicators lit on the dash. Alternator? I just want to know if it's a computer issue or something electrical. Thanks!

There are a few things that can cause this on your 2000 Acura TL. Check your battery connections to make sure they are clean and tight. If they are loose or corroded, then vibrations from driving could be causing the battery to become partially disconnected. The problem could also be a bad or loose connection with the crank position sensor or other sensor critical to the operation of the engine. If the problem was your alternator, it will usually trigger a dash light for the battery. It may also be the ignition switch is worn causing one of the internal circuits to intermittently make contact. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, determine the exact cause of the stalling problem.

3. Car runs fine, idles smoothly and is well maintained; but it shuts off while driving. Seems electrical?