Q: Q: Car revs high

When I start my car it revs high and keeps building i have to start it and shut it off several times to get it to run nominal what could this be thanks

It sounds like you may have a vacuum leak. High engine idle is usually a common sign of a vacuum leak. When a vacuum leak is present in an engine, this causes an excessive imbalance in the air/fuel ratio which creates a loss of power and causes the motor to run at a much higher RPM as a result of the increased oxygen present in the fuel charge being injected into the motor. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vacuum leak as these can be very difficult and time consuming to trace.

3. Q: Car revs high