Q: Car randomly becomes harder to start

I bought my car used last December, so I've had it for almost 10 months. A few weeks after I bought it the check engine light came on, dealership said it was nothing, however it would sometimes be had to start. There was never a time it didn't start but sometimes it would turnover for 5-10 second before it would start. Took it to a mechanic and had the timing valve solenoid replaced in the engine in feb or march and have had no further problems until today. I got in my car, started it and it started fine. Had to run back in the house and when I came back out 5 min later it took about 5-6 sec to start and sounded like it wasn't going to. Battery was replaced in feb/march. What could it be

It could possibly be a fuel pressure issue. When you turn the key, you should hear a brief buzz from the back of the car. That should be the fuel pump priming the fuel system with pressure to make the car start easily. If for some reason there is a bad fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump check valve,etc - or the fuel pressure bleeds off when the car is parked, this can give you a "long cranking" situation. Try turning the key to the ON position and leaving it there for a few seconds before trying to start the car. If it starts easily, your problem is fuel pressure.