Q: Car problem

I have a 1996 toyota hilux dad has dissconected the vacume pump and the its still reveing up but it comes back because it was makeing the throttle stick

A: Without being there to physically inspect y...

Without being there to physically inspect your 1996 Toyota, it's very hard to pinpoint the exact issue. However, you might want to have the idle air control valve inspected.

One of the most common symptoms commonly associated with a problematic idle air control valve is irregular idle speed. The idle air control valve is programmed to regulate and maintain the engine idle speed at a controlled rate.

If you need help with diagnosing the idle issue with your Toyota, contact YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to you and help you repair your car as necessary.