Q: Car Possibly stalling/missing

My car starts, but almost immediately dies. The tachometer jumps like crazy, not even close to what the throttle is doing. The check engine light is on. I have changed the fuel filter, ditributor rotor and cap, spark plugs, and spark plug wires.

A key will be to download the codes that have set, which have caused the check engine light to illuminate. I would suggest a check engine light diagnostic and a certified Mechanic can use those codes to get to the root issue. Typically, several items or components will be at issue (even in one trouble code) and the Mechanic will just go through the list methodically until the fault is found. You could have a huge vacuum leak, bad fuel pump, bad coolant temperature sensor, issues with the coil and so on and so forth. Lots of possibilities but start with any available malfunction codes, track all that down, and if still not working there are standard fuel and ignition system diagnostics that a certified mechanic would perform.

3. Car Possibly stalling/missing