Q: Car pecking like hen

The car is pecking like a hen, and the Check Engine light is on. I think the throttle body needs cleaning or to be replaced.

A: If you are talking about an engine misfire ...

If you are talking about an engine misfire tick noise then the engine would need to be scanned to see if a misfire code is received. The car should also be checked to see if the coil or spark plug needs to be replaced. A diagnosis of the vehicle’s Check Engine Light along with a visual inspection of the vehicle will be needed to determine the cause of the engine’s hesitation issue. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to have this issue properly serviced.