Q: Car overheating

My car is overheating. The fan controls on the dash don't power on.

A: Hello. It sounds like you have two separate...

Hello. It sounds like you have two separate issues going on. First, lets address the fan controller not working. The controller on the dash not powering on should not affect the regulating temperature of the engine. The fan controls on the dashboard itself are for regulating the climate of the drivers cabin not the temperature of the engine. If the controls are not working it is likely the result of a failed blower motor resistor which is a common failure for your vehicle.

To find what is causing the overheating I would firstly inspect for leaks and ensure that the fans are working. Both are common failures which cause overheating. Its best to not drive a vehicle that is overheating because it may inflict irreversible damage to the vehicle. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the overheating issue and repair the damaged parts.