Q: Car overheating

My car is overheating.

A: Coolant level, condition, and flow rate nee...

Coolant level, condition, and flow rate need to be checked. Also the 3.0l Camry uses a hydraulic fan assembly. The components of this system, which include a pump and hydraulic fan motor, need to be checked for proper operation, as a non operating fan can cause overheat especially while idling or in stop and go traffic.

Note: Never open the check or open the cooling system with the engine hot or the system pressurized as serious injury can occur.

If coolant level is low then a pressure test may need to be run to determine if there is a leak. If coolant level is good then the flow rate of the water pump, the thermostat, and fan operation need to be looked at during a cooling system performance test. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to diagnose this cooling system and the hydraulic fan fan system to determine why your car is overheating.