Q: Car overheating when running AC at stop

My car is overheating, but only when I run my air conditioner when stopped. I replaced the relay switch, but the fan is not working.

Hello, since you know your fan is not working, the electrical circuit to the fan must be checked before condemning the fan. The cooling fan relay is controlled by the engine PCM and there is a fuse for the fan that should be checked. If the fuse is blown, replace it and see if it works. If the fan works, keep an eye on it to see if it blows the fuse again. If the fuse blows again over time, the fan might be failing. If you put a fuse in and it blows immediately, or it blows as soon as the fan is engaged, some electrical testing will need to be performed. You can disconnect the fan and if it doesn’t blow the fuse when the relay is energized but with the fan connected it does, the fan has failed. I recommend having a certified mechanic inspect your electrical system to ensure that you are getting a proper diagnosis and repair.