Q: Car Overheating New Water Pump & Thermostat. Only Overheats On Highway .

My 07 Expidition Over Heats On The Highway in town its fine on the highway within minutes it jumps all the way to the H . I just replaced the water pump & thermostat & it still overheats.What Could be the problem ?

You first need to make sure coolant is full. If cooling fan clutch is not locking up then it may be causing the overheating. You can test it by running the engine in park at 2000 rpms to see if temperature keeps climbing and you do not hear fan clutch kick in to try to cool it down. Replace fan clutch and see if continues to overheat.

3. Car Overheating New Water Pump & Thermostat. Only Overheats On Highway .