Q: Car overheating in heat

The fan in my daughter's car is not working, causing the car to overheat when it is hot outside.

These vehicles have electric radiator fans. If the fan is not working I would recommend having the system inspected by a qualified technician. This inspection will include checking fuses, relays, wiring, connectors, and the fan itself. The most likely cause is that the fan motor has burned up over time causing the fan to be inoperative. If the fan is found to be faulty, have the fan motor replaced as soon as possible to prevent further engine damage due to overheating.

3. Car overheating in heat