Q: Car overheating, and cold coming out with all the way on high.

Issue stated above.

Hello, and thank you for writing in. When overheating is an issue, the main culprits are typically low coolant (typically from a leak), poor circulation of coolant (thermostat or water pump issues), or a cooling fan/radiator issues. The first place to start is to check the coolant level in the radiator and the overflow tank. If the level is low, and there is no sign of a leak, the leak is internal (the engine is burning it with the fuel). Focus your attention on repairing the leak. If the level is not low, then the thermostat is not opening to allow the coolant through, or the water pump is not circulating the coolant efficiently. Only further inspection will tell. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Hello there. When you have an overheating issue linked with a failure with the heater, it’s caused by an obstruction of ’gunk’ inside the heater core. This can be either removed by having your coolant system flushed; or in some cases the heater core will need to be replaced and the coolant system properly filled and primed. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an overheating inspection first, to verify that this is the issue and recommend a repair.

3. Car overheating, and cold coming out with all the way on high.