Q: Car overheated while driving and I repaired the crack in the radiator, now car will crank but not start why?

Car will try to start but won't after i added a radiator sealant because I had a hole/crack in it. It ran to get me to work but since it cooled off it will not start.

Hi there. The radiator should be properly repaired or replaced, the sealant is a temporary fix at best. The engine overheating, could have affected any number of components. It may be, the CKP (crankshaft position) sensor, and/or CMP (camshaft position) sensor has failed. Accessing the ECM (engine control module)/computer for trouble codes may help identify the area of fault. Replacing components without diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s overheated engine and now won’t start be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Car overheated while driving and I repaired the crack in the radiator, now car will crank but not start why?