Q: Car overheated while driving and I repaired the crack in the radiator, now car will crank but not start why?

Car will try to start but won't after i added a radiator sealant because I had a hole/crack in it. It ran to get me to work but since it cooled off it will not start.

A: Hi there. The radiator should be properly r...

Hi there. The radiator should be properly repaired or replaced, the sealant is a temporary fix at best. The engine overheating, could have affected any number of components. It may be, the CKP (crankshaft position) sensor, and/or CMP (camshaft position) sensor has failed. Accessing the ECM (engine control module)/computer for trouble codes may help identify the area of fault. Replacing components without diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle's overheated engine and now won't start be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.