Q: Car overheated after replacing radiator

My car overheated shortly after having the radiator replaced. I was told I needed a head gasket because there was condensation on dipstick and oil had milky antifreeze in it.

A: Hello. If there is condensation on the dips...

Hello. If there is condensation on the dipstick, or if the oil appears milky, then there is definitely an internal engine problem. It can be from a crack in the engine or a blown head gasket. It would be hard to say if the problem occurred before the radiator was replaced or if it was from a faulty radiator replacement. To verify that there is a problem, a mechanic would typically do a block test to determine if there is exhaust in the cooling system which indicates a head gasket problem or a crack. At that time it would be determined if it is better to repair the head gaskets or replace the engine assembly. I would get some help from a certified mechanic that can do this test and determine the cause of your car's overheating problem.