Q: Q: Will not start

CAR RUNS FINE BUT I HAVE TO POP THE CLUTCH TO START IT WONT TURN OVER DROM A PARKED START

Hello, If the motor runs normal once it is started without any other issues, this should isolate the problem to the starter or starter relay. If there is power to the accessories (i,e, radio, lights, etc), but no sound when turning the key to start, it is likley that you may not be getting power to the starter via the starter relay. The starter relay directs power from the battery to the starter solenoid which then engages the starter when you turn the key. When this is not working properly, you may notice intermittent starting problems including no response when turning the key to start. Generally, when this does fail, it does so very randomly and usually without warning other than intermittent starting. The power from the battery will still power other accessories such as radio, horn, etc., but you may not have any power to the starter.

If you hear a clicking sound when turning the key, it is likely that your starter solenoid may be faulty. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. As electricity is supplied to the starter a small gear comes out and engages the flywheel to spin the engine over as you turn the key. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Q: Will not start