Q: Car not wanting to stay started

I have not driven this car for the last three to four months. The battery had died, so I jumpstarted it. While I was driving, I was unable to accelerated the car seemed like it wanted to stall. I kept it running for about an hour in the hope the battery would recover, but the engine stopped.

Okay sounds like you have a voltage supply problem. I will add that, in the future, you should try to avoid jumpstarting your car and driving it with a dead battery. This greatly shortens the life of your alternator. An alternator is not a battery charger - what will happen is the dead battery will cause the alternator to full yield, or run at maximum capacity which will cause it to overheat. Always charge your battery fully before operating. So in your case your battery should be fully charged and then attempt to start. Once started, the charging system should be checked and repaired as needed. I would have a mechanic come and inspect your car’s starting issue to see what fixes need to be made.