Q: car not starting with new battery, starter making mechanical noises

I had a dead battery, so I went and bought a new one. The car did not start after replacing with a new battery. The starter is making some mechanical noises when trying to start the car. Should I pull the fuse to restart the car's computer? Would that make the car start?

When the car does not start after the battery was replaced, this indicates that the battery was not the only issue. If the battery was load tested and determined to be faulty, a replacement will generally fix the problem. However, since it did not, it is possible that the starting system, ignition system, or fuel system could be causing the no start condition. If you want to have this looked at, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your starting issue and perform any repairs required.

3. car not starting with new battery, starter making mechanical noises