Q: Car not starting when turning key

My car will not start. I turn the key to Accessory and everything works fine, but when I turn to ON, or try and start the car, everything goes off. The battery is at 13.5 volts, and I hear something in the dash area near the steering wheel. It sounds like it might be a relay, and it only stays on for a short while.

This sounds like a problem with your ignition switch. This switch controls the power going to the vast majority of the car. It sounds like the switch has failed in the On and Start positions, making them inoperative. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to diagnose the electrical problems you are having with your vehicle.

3. Car not starting when turning key